All of the Trichologists and clinics that you will find using the Institute of Trichologists search
engine have been individually assessed against a comprehensive set of standards in order to
be certified to become listed as a Member and to be Institute of Trichology Accredited.
We monitor and verify feedback to ensure that our Trichologists deliver service in line with
the standards that we have set and uphold.
The Institute of Trichologists is a Professional Standards Authority accredited register and is
recognised by the Government, The Department of Health and NHS England.
Whenever you book a consultation with an Institute of Trichology Member you are assured
The Trichologist is:
- Who they say they are
- Is a registered healthcare professional
- Their qualifications are genuine and relevant
- The Training that they have received is appropriate.
- They are insured
- They undertake at least 10 hours of Continuous Professional Development education over a
- Their facilities comply with Health and Safety Legislation
- Their Facilities are clean
- They have the necessary equipment and facilities to provide Trichology safely and
- The products and equipment used are genuine and approved by The Institute of
- Products are evidence based in terms of treatment
- Products and equipment are sourced from legitimate suppliers
- All products are stored appropriately and maintained as per the manufacture’s guidelines.