All of the Trichologists and clinics that you will find using the Institute of Trichologists search engine have been individually assessed against a comprehensive set of standards in order to be certified to become listed as a Member and to be Institute of Trichology Registered.
We monitor and verify feedback to ensure that our Trichologists deliver service in line with the standards that we have set and uphold.
The Institute of Trichologists is applying to be a Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register, a government-backed initiative that gives the public independent assurance that practitioners are registered with a body that is trusted to protect the public and promote good practice.
Whenever you book a consultation with an Institute of Trichology Member you are assured that:
The Trichologist is:
- Who they say they are
- Their qualifications are genuine and relevant
- The Training that they have received is appropriate.
- They are insured
- They undertake at least 10 hours of Continuous Professional Development education over a two-year period.
- Their facilities comply with Health and Safety Legislation
- Their Facilities are clean
- They have the necessary equipment and facilities to provide Trichology safely and appropriately.
- The products and equipment used are genuine and approved by The Institute of Trichologists
- Products are evidence based in terms of treatment
- Products and equipment are sourced from legitimate suppliers
- All products are stored appropriately and maintained as per the manufacture’s guidelines.